Best IUI Clinic in Mumbai
If you are thinking about getting pregnant & you are worried that your impact of lifestyle choices is becoming a hurdle for fertility, make sure to consult a doctor. IVF can help. Both intrauterine insemination (IUI) and in vitro fertilization (IVF) are fertility treatments used to help a person who is struggling to conceive. The main difference between an IUI and IVF treatments is: that IVF is a process involving egg stimulation, retrieval, fertilization, and transfer; whereas, an IUI injects sperm into a uterus to decrease the Sperm’s travel time to the egg. People are generally confused about the differences between an IUI treatment & an IVF treatment.
For individuals and couples looking for fertility solutions in Mumbai, DR L H Hiranandani is the best option because of his outstanding success rate and patient-centered philosophy. Put your trust in us to accompany you on this incredible journey to starting a family.
IVF is a process that consists of several steps:
- Pre-cycle diagnostic testing
- Stimulation of the ovaries to produce several eggs during one cycle, retrieval of the eggs from each ovary, fertilization of the eggs in the laboratory via conventional fertilization or ICSI, and then the transfer of the resulting embryos into the uterus. The chance of pregnancy from IVF heavily depends on the age of the woman, the primary cause of infertility, and also depends on some factors related to the quality of the IVF laboratory. IUI is a fertility treatment where sperm is inserted directly into a woman’s Uterus during ovulation; decreasing the journey for the sperm to the egg.
- During ovulation, the woman produces one egg that is picked up by the end of the fallopian tube where it waits to meet the sperm. An IUI deposits higher concentrations of good-quality sperm close to where the egg is waiting which increases the chances that the egg and sperm will unite. It is important to ask your doctor or nurse if you have any questions about an IUI or IVF.
- Avoid using Google as a way to get answers because these vary on an individual basis. Reach out to any of our fertility specialists for assistance on your journey. IUI increases a women’s chance of pregnancy by giving sperm a head start and ensures that insemination happens at the time of ovulation
Advantages of IUI procedures
- It is less invasive
- It is less expensive when compared with IVF, and ICSI.
- Less stress on the body
- Washing procedures enhance sperm quality- this process will remove prostaglandins, infectious agents, antigenic proteins, non-motile spermatozoa, immature germ cells, etc, as it results in quality sperm. This also decreases the formation of free oxygen radicals after sperm preparation and enhances sperm quality.
- The chance of IUI treatment is very high when compared to regular sexual intercourse.
- The procedure is performed with or without transvaginal ultrasound guidance; the doctor inserts the catheter into the vagina and cervix. The doctor then pushes the catheter through the cervical canal and points it towards the top of the uterus and right or left fallopian tube. Finally, the sperm is injected through the catheter into the uterus.
- The duration of the procedure takes only 15 -20 minutes and later you will be advised to stay in the recovery room for 20 minutes and leave.
- This procedure does not require anesthesia. It is not painful.
IUI ( Intra-Uterine Insemination)
In Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) procedure, washed sperms are placed directly into the uterus with the help of a thin catheter. IUI is an OPD (out-patient department) procedure. Neither anesthesia nor hospitalization is required for IUI. Ovulation is confirmed by USG. After the confirmation, the partner is required to collect semen in a sterile container. It takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour to prepare the semen sample. A small tube called an IUI catheter is placed in the uterus & the processed semen sample is released into the uterus. Luteal phase support is given and pregnancy is confirmed fifteen days later by a simple blood test. Contact us to receive the best medical IUI treatment in Mumbai.
Who Qualifies for Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
IUI may be suggested by doctors to couples who:
- Have been attempting to become pregnant for a minimum of a year without a recognized reason for infertility
- Add a male partner with slightly reduced sperm count or motility, or subfertile semen parameters.
- Add a female partner whose cervix has scar tissue.
- Wish to conceive using donor sperm
Azolospemia or in vitro fertilization (IVF) are specialized male fertility services that may be a better option if one partner is infertile or has a very low sperm count. Those who have been told they have few or no healthy sperm can benefit from these services.
- Minimally invasive fertility enhancing procedure
- OPD procedure
- Not painful
- No fasting required
- No bed rest after IUI treatment
- Can go to work in the second half of the day after the IUI procedure
- Improves pregnancy outcome significantly
Indications of IUI
- Low sperm count and motility (male factor infertility)
- Unexplained infertility –along with ovulation induction
- Sexual dysfunction
- Unavailability of male partner at the time of ovulation (using frozen sperms)